dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, June 14, 2007

bad times

I was supposed to have a psychiatrist appointment today. Erik and I showed up and were told it had been canceled. They canceled it and scheduled me an appointment with a different psychiatrist in August, more than two months from now. That would put me at more than four months between appointments, while my medication is being adjusted. I feel crushed. I plan to try to see the nurse tomorrow, tell him what happened, and see what can be done.

The problem is that I don't know how much strength I have to fight for what I need. If I had the strength, I wouldn't need the help.

Elsewhere in the news, it hit 101 here today. It was 92 degrees in the livingroom with the air conditioner on full blast. All I could do was lie on the floor half-dressed with a fan pointed at me. I wrote a letter to the landlord this morning and called (left a voicemail). I have no faith in them getting back to me in a timely manner. I'll try calling again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home