dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, June 11, 2007

lunch, what I did while Erik scored, a conversation

Yesterday we went out to lunch for a treat at Thai Basil, not the one in midtown but the one off the 99. I got a creamy red curry with tofu, and Erik got a green curry with eggplant and tofu. The food was delicious, and it was nice to go somewhere different. We hadn't been there in about three years, when we first moved to Sacramento.

I wrote letters to a cousin in prison and a friend in Idaho. Erik scored about 16 hours over the course of the weekend. I finished The Giver and will write a review that will appear in Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine #42.

Yesterday after vespers I had a conversation with a friend who lived in a spiritual community for 20 years. She was telling me part of her life story. She's a gentle, considerate talker, and I'm a good listener, so it was a very enjoyable fifteen minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home