dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, July 01, 2007

have I already called a post "lazy Sunday"?

This morning I went to worship and sang. Afterwards I went to the social coffee time, met two new people, ate a delicious Indian cookie, and stood around.

All day I read: more DH Lawrence, and a new one for me called Hard Love--it's a young adult novel about zinesters and reminds me of my youth. I also played computer, posting on the Icarus forums and emailing friends.

This evening I went to vespers and stood around after that too. Swami gave me a map and written directions to Wednesday's retreat at Olema. We ate our prasad cookies and chattered the way people do.

Erik has been gone all day, hiking with his friend T somewhere in the Sierras. "The monkeys make sorrowful noise overhead."

Kitty meows at me when I sing, but mostly he likes to meow at me when I'm on the phone, pacing and talking--the idea is that he believes I'm talking to him. Singing I don't know--I think he doesn't like music and wants me to shut up.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home