dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, July 07, 2007

today's better than yesterday

This morning we went to the farmers market for nectarines, broccoli, eggplant, a melon. It was fun.

Then we went to the touchless car wash and washed the car and the truck. Both were filthy.

Now Erik is meditating, and I just worked on the review for No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July. I'm eating black grapes. I have the Sufjan Stevens song about Abraham off Seven Swans in my head. I find it chilling.

I wanted to go last weekend to visit my cousin S who's in prison in Susanville, but his yard is locked down. No visitors. Then again this weekend, same thing: still locked down. I think it's cruel and unusual punishment to keep them away from their families.

2 Comments:

  • At July 09, 2007 7:34 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    I loved Miranda July's movie "Me You and Everyone We Know". Where can I read your review of her book?

     
  • At July 09, 2007 9:28 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    I will email it to you in its current state, which might change before it's published in the zine.

    I have never seen or even heard of the movie you mention and would love for you to tell me about it sometime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home