dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, August 20, 2007

beaches

This morning we went to Montana de Oro and walked down a trail along the cliffs and then went down to a beach, where Erik looked at tidepools, and I sat on the sand and looked at handfuls of sand, seeing the different rocks and shell bits that the sand consists of. It was fun.

Then we went to Morro Bay. Erik took pictures of the big rock. We went to the British import shop for some bicuits for me and candy for my parents. I got a call from my mom saying some housesitting instructions. (I get so few calls--I feel a little excited when my phone rings. Well, usually it's set to vibrate.)

Then we went to a museum gift shop, where I bought postcards and we asked a docent about the strangely titled rock layers at Montana de Oro. She couldn't remember why they look that way, but she gave us a brochure.

Then we went to an oak preserve in Los Osos, but by that time I was out of steam, so Erik walked for a few minutes while I wrote in my journal and read The New Times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home