dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, August 18, 2007

appointment, encounter

My appointment this morning was good. Some of my medication got changed in ways I like, and my doctor wants me to go on disability. I don't know if that will work out because of how I've worked little jobs since my diagnosis. But he filled out his portion of the form, so maybe it's worth a try?

After the appointment I was feeling agitated and went for a walk--on my walk, I ran into my dentist. Doesn't that sound like a dream? It's actually not a coincidence since my dentist-choosing involved investigating dentists within walking distance. I asked, "What are you doing here on a Saturday?" and he said he does paperwork on the weekends, that he's there seven days a week. I said, "Bummer," but I guess that's the life he wants--he must be rich. His waiting room is decorated in a nautical theme, and I wonder if he does boats. This dentist insists that everyone call him by his first name because last name is too fakey. He's tall, young, and reminds me of my brother. I trust him with my teeth and trust the hygienist too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home