dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, August 17, 2007

name change

I changed the name of my food blog from "why I'm fat" to "what I eat." But the url stayed the same.

The goal with the food journal is to be more aware of what I'm eating without getting food obsessed. The goal is to be light hearted about it and just document. But I've learned something already: when I feel agitated, I have the impulse to eat to calm myself down. I didn't know this about myself. "Like a pacifier for a baby," I told Erik.

I wanted to change the name so it wouldn't seem that I'm beating myself up. I'm really not. Part of the irony is how fat I am while not eating fast food, not eating ice cream, potato chips, or chocolate. I might eat more cheese than the average person, but I'm hoping that's counteracted by the lack of meat.

2 Comments:

  • At August 18, 2007 7:52 PM, Blogger Marci said…

    Wow - that was a very brave change to make. A very validating choice - probably much nicer to yourself overall. I hope the journey continues to go well.

     
  • At August 18, 2007 8:17 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    I don't think the choice required any bravery--I could change names of new blogs pretty easily. I'm not attached yet. Dangerous compassions, on the other hand, I'm pretty attached to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home