dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Kitty problem

Last night Kitty woke us up like usual to go out, and then I heard the neighbors having a conversation downstairs--this was 2:30 in the morning. Erik went back to sleep, but I was feeling paranoid that the neighbors' conversation was about us and Kitty, upset about how Kitty wakes them up. I imagined them confronting us angrily and got worried and agitated. I got up, which woke Erik up, and he talked to me soothingly for a while, saying how we don't know that's what the neighbors were talking about, and if there's a confrontation, that would be okay, and we would try some new methods of keeping Kitty quiet. Erik suggested that Kitty's voice is high, and maybe the neighbors don't hear it at all--when we hear the neighbors, it's the man's deep, loud voice that we hear. We've never heard the woman. Erik's arguments comforted me, and I was able to go back to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home