dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

some music, a competition

Today I listened to Funeral by Arcade Fire. I had read stellar reviews, and what a pretty cover. It wasn't my cup of tea.

Now I'm listening to Picaresque by The Decemberists. It's more my thing. I read great reviews of this one too. I got both from the library, inter-library-loaned from teen sections. Am I being young?

Saturday is a special chili cooking competition at the home of my friend K, a fundraiser for her Burning Man camp, the Pancake Playhouse--they make thousands of pancakes every year. Anyway, I plan to participate in the cornbread part of the competition. I will enter my vegan cornbread with no refined sugar and not really hope to win. I'm thinking of bringing cookies too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home