dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, November 03, 2007

a reading

Last night Erik and I went to a poetry reading in Davis. The featured reader was Susan Kelly-DeWitt, and I really like her stuff. Afterwards there was an open mic, and I read one poem--it's called "when I didn't show up to save someone." I was scared and shaking, but I did it.

I met the woman who runs the readings and a man who came up to me and introduced himself. It was very social but okay.

The reading was held at the Unitarian Universalist church, and we got lost trying to find the place. Then we couldn't find the reading, once we got to the grounds. But it was a beautiful night to be lost, and eventually Erik led us in the right direction. We were twenty minutes late, but the poet was still being introduced, so it was actually good we were late.

2 Comments:

  • At November 03, 2007 4:06 PM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    That rocks that you read a poem! And I hope you hang in there with NaNoWriMo--I'm sure that even if it doesn't work as a novel, the material you'd generate would have lots of possibilities for material for poems, zines, etc. :)

     
  • At November 04, 2007 8:53 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    It was the first time I read a poem in front of a group of people for maybe six years?

    Thanks for the nanowrimo encouragement--I need it. :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home