dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, December 16, 2007

whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am clean again

This morning I went to worship. For a carol, we sang "Silent Night." This was controversial because yesterday at choir practice, we talked about singing "Go Tell it on the Mountain," but P objected to the phrase "If I were a Christian" in the second verse. She said she's ask Swami about it, and he must have said no. You can't please all the people all the time.

After worship I talked to my friend S for a while. She gave me one of her famous hugs goodbye.

Yesterday in the mail I got a Christmas money check from my Nana. Now I have the wonderful responsibility of thinking about what I would buy if I could buy anything I wanted for twenty dollars and it couldn't be something practical like food. Maybe I could buy special food, like expensive cheese.... We're planning to go to Whole Foods later.

Since SAT scoring ended last night, we have our life back. We took a long walk this morning. I'm listening to the Cure and watching Erik clean house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home