dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, December 13, 2007

peace meeting

The carrot-ginger cake turned out delicious as always and moist. The interfaith meeting was pretty interesting. I enjoyed the Jew's presentation as much as last year's. He kept it brief and lit the menorah. I like hearing other languages. He said something in--I assume it was Yiddish?

Swami's presentation was the best. He talked about the sound symbol OM and how it represents Brahman, the absolute, the infinite, higher than the highest, deeper than the deepest depths. He did some peace chants, beautiful in Sanskrit.

Just like last year we made a procession with candles out to the big fountain and set out candles to float in the water there. We were singing a peace song--I can't remember it now, but I have the words at home.... I blog from the Vedanta bookstore this afternoon.

I just finished reading The Appleby House by Sylvia Smith--I liked it. It reminded me of a kids book in its simplicity. I need to write a review for the zine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home