dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

coaster cuddle

Today is Erik's birthday. He's 33. In the afternoon I'll bake a carrot-ginger cake. In the evening he plans to score SAT, so I'm going to an interfaith meeting. We'll actually celebrate his birthday once SAT scoring is over.

The interfaith meeting I went to last year. It's mostly boring but okay. It's at a Catholic retreat center called Christ the King. These particular kinds of Catholics are Passionists, I think. The men wear all black.

Yesterday I got a present in the mail from my Finn penpal M. She sent me a Finn calendar with beautiful pictures. The other present is some beautiful coasters made of wool through a process called felting. They're excellent as objects, fun to play with and touch. They're green with a strange pattern. I wish my scanner was working and I would scan one. I thought about taking them to bed last night to cuddle with, but I forgot.

I don't know if I've ever owned anything wool before. My sweaters have all been cotton or synthetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home