dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

DBT

Today I tried something new: it's called DBT. That stands for Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. It was developed for people with Borderline Personality Disorder, something I don't have, but it's good for people who feel emotional extremes, and that's me. It's all about learning 65 specific skills. I need to get a binder to keep all my papers in.

I also went to a group called Coping With Depression that seemed a lot less useful. I don't know if I'll return.

Today is rainy with some wind but nothing like the recent storm. We're having baked potatoes for dinner.

1 Comments:

  • At January 13, 2008 10:09 PM, Blogger rgratzer said…

    Great! I'm way into DBT. I studied it and wrote an article about it for the newsletter at the mental health facility. And my mom studies it and uses it in her therapizing. I think the tenets and practices of DBT are useful for everyone, not just those with borderline personality.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home