dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

mostly yesterday

Last night there was a meeting of my women's writers group. I brought in those four poems for imitation, which was a great way to get us writing. Temple is a lively place. Two strangers came up to me--one handed me a colorful postcard for his art show, and another handed me his business card. That second guy was kind of creepy--he kept talking even though he was clearly interrupting. I don't know how to not be polite. He fancies himself a psychic--he told us how he predicted a tsunami. I left both the postcard and the business card behind.

Today I have Tai Chi, which I'm not looking forward to--after all yesterday's out time, I would like to just stay home and read. But I know Tai Chi is good for me. And I need to go to my mental health place anyway to pick up medication. I just hope it's there. The county pharmacy changed its refill request line to automated, and there was no way for me to remind them to send the medication to my mental health place. Maybe they don't need to be reminded.

I read a great zine called Lily Liver. It's poems. I want to email the woman who wrote it and tell her my favorites. "Godpoem for my Mother" is the best.

Yesterday afternoon I baked a new coffee cake, and I gave large rectangles of it to the women of my writers group last night.

Yesterday morning I had DBT for four hours. I don't like to do anything for four hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home