dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, April 17, 2008

oh, I remember now

Last night there was a terrible apartment complex fight. People yelled very loudly and used the f word about five times per sentence. I ran out of my usual type of ear plugs, which are bright orange. Instead I have these strange earplugs made of silicone putty. They don't go in your ear canal but rather in the slightly larger cavity before the ear canal. It's kind of hard to describe. Anyway, at first I didn't think they would work, but then I got them to work, and though I could still hear the yelling, my ear plugs dimmed down the sound enough that I could sleep. It's a good thing too, because I was exhausted. I was afraid there might be more fighting tonight, but it's after 8 now, and all's quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home