dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, July 26, 2008

yes

Today I ended up going to Vedanta three times: worship in the morning, choir practice in the afternoon, and vespers in the evening. Vespers I had not been to in maybe a year, and I forgot how powerful it is. The final song we sing "Sarva Managala" is mind-blowing. The choir sounded like a band of super-powerful angels. We sounded about four times our size.

Tomorrow we're going on a trip to do some house-sitting. Monday I get to spend the entire day with my best friend E. She and I plan to eat a picnic lunch, go to the beach, rest in her room, go out to dinner. Usually I see her for only a couple hours at a time, so this is a real treat for me.

Today I got very sad, feeling lonely, isolated, minsunderstood. I listened to the Mountain Goats and cried. "Am I feeling sorry for myself?" I wondered as I lay there. Then I decided I didn't care. Erik was hiking, which doesn't help. So seeing my best friend E will hopefully recharge my batteries.

It was also good to see my friend P today--she had been on a trip to Oregon and Idaho. So she's back. She hugged me for a long time and kissed me and we just held one another and I asked her about her trip. She's like a relative to me. I need to make a point to see her more. She gets so busy, but she tells me, we just have to schedule me into her schedule book. She's like Swami's secretary and does so much for him. She's devoted her life to Vedanta. She likes it that way. I've devoted my life to Erik and zines and friends, to raising myself. Is it worth it? Yes, it is.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home