dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, August 07, 2008

cemetery again

This morning we went to the old city cemetery. We walked around looking at graves--we walked in the part of the cemetery that we missed last time.

An area of the cemetery is dedicated to showing off California native plants. There are three kinds of sage, for example: hummingbird sage, black sage, and creeping sage. We looked at a bush called Nevin's Barberry that had lots of beautiful bugs in it. The bugs looked sort of like box elder bugs but rounder.

In the cemetery lots of naked ladies were blooming. This is my favorite flower from childhood.

Then we sat at a picnic table and did some writing and reading. I read three zines and liked two of them: the anatomic air review and Four Horsemen #2. These are zines I've had for years in an obscure to-be-read pile in the bedroom. Lately I've been reading so many zines that I'm working through my backlog, which feels good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home