dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, October 04, 2008

alcove, bean cake, skipping Samiti

Yesterday we really went to Land Park to walk and then to Oto's. We walked around a pond twice and watched ducks and Canada geese and regular geese. We thought about going to the zoo, which is adjacent to Land Park, but it cost more than we were willing to pay. We saw a rock wall made by the WPA in 1940, and we walked in an area that was like a botanical garden but without the plant names on placards. We looked at all the beautiful plants. My favorites were probably the succulents. Then we went to an arbor and sat in an alcove. Above us was a roof made of vines. I think it might have been wisteria but not in bloom, not the right time of year.

At Oto's the most interesting thing we bought was a bean cake. It was a bun with a bread-like coating and then inside a paste made of ground beans and sugar. The texture was velvety, but the taste was too sweet for me. Erik and I shared. He was glad we tried it but doesn't want another, and I feel the same way.

Last night I skipped Samiti, and I will hear about that. I can feel myself pulling away. I'll go to choir practice today though I don't want to do that either. There's a puja Monday night, one of my favorite of the year: Durga. But I feel cold-hearted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home