dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, September 26, 2008

my presents

My parents gave me many presents. My mom made me a beautiful brown shawl and matching hat. My mom also crocheted for me a bag made out of bags. This is the second one she's made for me, and I love them. My parents also gave me a bunch of postcards and some stamps. And they gave me some delicious caramels from Colorado. I forgot them (they're in my parents' freezer). And they gave me seven pounds of apples (five pounds of Mutsu, two pounds of Johnadel--the Johnadels were actually for Erik). And my mom bought me a pair of tennies when we were at a store (TJ Max?) looking for barrettes. All of this is in addition to my usual gift of Costco food. Wow, my parents really spoil me.

My best friend E gave me Vocabula Bound and a book of poems called I Meant To Say by my friend Amanda Laughtland. She also gave me a beautiful homemade card, some aloe vera incense from India, a packet of bath salts, and some stamps. She spoiled me too--she tends to.

My favorite Finn sent me a wonderful package in the mail, and it included a Moomin mousepad, a Moomin book, a strawberry cake card, and birthday balloons that say "Laura" on them.

I got two books in the mail from my friend M in Brooklyn: Witches, Midwives, and Nurses by Ehrenreich and English, and Word edited by Jocelyn Burrell.

My grandma sent me a check, and I still need to decide what to spend it on. I got cards from my cousin who's in prison, my penpal C in Guatemala, my penpal S in Idaho, and my friend H in Sacramento. Can you believe all this love? And I'm 32 now.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home