dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, September 25, 2008

bad vegan

I feel better now and almost went to work at the bookstore. Erik and I are scoring CSET tomorrow, and I hope to be entirely well then. Today I've had a feeling of restlessness and dissatisfaction. But I wrote a letter to my new zine friend C--she writes poetry zines. She wrote me a long letter the other day. So I replied in turn, and I guess we're friends. She told me how at work there was a tornado warning and she had to go into the basement of the library. Luckily, it didn't last long. She lives in Kansas.

Today I was reading The Vegan Sourcebook and got to the chapter about how...actually, I don't remember the unifying concept of the chapter, but I got to the page that said how vegans don't kill any bugs and felt incredulous. What if you have lice, for example--you're just supposed to let the lice live on you? No way! Not that I intend to get lice, but it can happen to anyone. And if Kitty got fleas again, I would kill them.

So I guess I'm not going to be a very good vegan, which I already knew because I'm not vegan at the homes of others or at restaurants.

Erik got a Sacramento News & Review telling the "best of"s and he saw that the number one voted Indian place we've never been to. It's called Gaylord's, and it's a chain. So we'll have to go there. I thought we knew about all the Indian food places in town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home