dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, October 06, 2008

Durga puja day

Erik and I have started training for SAT. The first scoring session of the school year starts Thursday. So we need to be trained by then. Erik is scoring CBEST starting tomorrow, so he wants to get his training done today. But I need him to bring me to the photocopy place so I can copy functionally ill #4.

Yesterday I made a tape for my friend H who lives in Texas while Erik was at the museum with his friend T. It has lots of Innocence Mission on it. It also has a good mix of other things. I couldn't find all the CDs I wanted, but I think it reflects what I wanted to make pretty well. Hope she doesn't read my blog, but if so--hi, H! Tape coming your way soon. Here's the track list.

1. I Left the Grounds – The Innocence Mission
2. Oh Do Not Fly Away – The Innocence Mission
3. I Never Knew You From the Sun – The Innocence Mission
4. Beautiful Change – The Innocence Mission
5. Sweep Down Early – The Innocence Mission
6. Where Does the Time Go? – The Innocence Mission
7. Snow –The Innocence Mission
8. Lakes of Canada – The Innocence Mission
9. Resurrection Fern – Iron & Wine
10. Pale Green Things – The Mountain Goats
11. Get Lonely – The Mountain Goats
12. Dance Music – The Mountain Goats
13. The Good Life - Ghost Mice

1. Come On! Feel the Illinoise! – Sufjan Stevens
2. Chicago – Sufjan Stevens
3. Hope There’s Someone – Antony and the Johnsons
4. Fistful of Love – Antony and the Johnsons
5. Don’t Tell Me to Do the Math(s) – Los Campesinos!
6. My Year In Lists – Los Campesinos!
7. Ghost World – Aimee Mann
8. I Should Be Allowed to Think – They Might Be Giants
9. Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division
10. Bizarre Love Triangle – New Order
11. Love Song – The Cure

Getting desperate for things to put in sandwiches. I sliced up some green olives today. We got Vegenaise the other day at Whole Foods (finally), so sandwiches are good again. I sauteed Erik some bell pepper and used that as sandwich filling for him. I have a reputation for disliking bell pepper, but there was some left over, so I had some too, and it was good. The bell pepper was very done and browned.

Yesterday I went to church but didn't stay for the social time afterward. But I ran into Swami, which was nice, so he knows I was there. I haven't been coming much lately, so it's helpful to have put in an appearance so people won't worry about me. Tonight there's a puja for Durga. I almost forgot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home