dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I can't think of what to call this blog post because the table saw is too loud

This morning I went to Vedanta for an hour to work in the library getting data from the card catalog and putting it in the computer. P was there, and she hugged me. Swami was there, and he asked me if I can copy CDs on the bookstore computer. I said I probably could--what I should have said is that the machine can, but I don't know if the user knows how. I could burn CDs at home, back when my CD burner worked....

Erik came with me to write in the garden while I entered data. He was happy. Then we came home for lunch--then we went to town for Music at Noon. It was chamber music. There was a singer for some of the songs singing opera-style. There was a flute. And there were violin, cello, piano. I don't usually like flute, but it was okay.

Then we went to P the oral historian's place so I could drop off the manuscript I finished proofreading, but I forgot it. So we stood in front of P's apartment complex for a while, talking about many things. He teased me about apologizing for teasing him, which is a long story, but it made me laugh and made everything okay.

Then we went to Western Feed to buy a cat toy my friend K told me about--it's called the Cat Dancer. We actually bought two--a regular one, and one to affix to the wall so Kitty can play with it while we're not home.

Then we went to SF Market to look for food or drink containing tamarind--Erik heard something appealing about the powers of tamarind, so he wanted some, and we found a tamarind drink and tamarind soup base.

Upon returning home, we tried out the Cat Dancer, and it did indeed make Kitty dance. Yay!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home