dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, November 15, 2008

vegan cheese, vegan ice cream

We bought some vegan cheese of the brand "Follow Your Heart" and thought it would be good because that's the brand that makes the super tasty vegan mayo Vegenaise. It didn't seem like cheese, and it just sat in the fridge for a while, until finally a few nights ago I opened the package, cut off a slice, and tried it. It was so bad that I wondered if it had gone rancid. But I looked at the expiration date, and it was far in the future. I had Erik try it, and his reaction was like mine. This was cheddar flavor. Maybe other kinds are better? I bought it just to try it, and it says on the package that it melts, so I thought I would make quesadillas with it. But I threw it away.

For a long time, since before we were home vegans, we've bought this heavenly rice milk ice cream made by "Good Karma"--the loved flavor is Carrot Cake. It has little chunks of carrot cake in it. Something interesting about it (it's orange) is that a serving includes 50% of a person's RDA of Vitamin A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home