dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, December 05, 2008

vegan pumpkin soup

Today I made this soup recipe, which I found somewhere on the internet a couple weeks ago (tried to find it so I could link, but couldn't find it)....

vegan pumpkin soup

1 onion, diced
3 tbsp vegan margarine
2 cups vegetable broth
1 14 ounce can coconut milk
1 15 ounce can pumpkin
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp curry
1/2 tsp ginger
dash salt

In a large pot, saute the onions in the margarine for 3 to 5 minutes, until onions turn soft. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Allow to simmer over low heat for at least fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally.


I consider it very tasty, and Erik liked it too. I ate two bowls and felt like going for a third. The onions are really noticeable, so maybe it should be called vegan pumpkin onion soup. But their noticeablity was not problematic. Next time I think I'll put in some garlic. Also, I'll consider pureeing it so the onions will blend in.

Overall, it's no health food, because of the coconut milk's saturated fat (though I used the reduced fat version). But it's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home