dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

cards, visits, audio

Yesterday I went to my friend H's place, and we made St Patrick's Day cards and spring cards using her stamps--she has many. She made a heart stamp so we could use the hearts to make clovers. I went for simplicity and came up with some nice color combinations, like purple on lavender and orange on yellow. I love my friend H, and her happy energy makes me feel enlivened. I enjoy the way she tries to feed me and makes me tea and listens to me and makes room for my quietness.

Then in the afternoon I went over to my friend P's place where we spoke for hours. The longer we spoke, the deeper our conversation became. I sit on the sofa, and she sits in a recliner. At some point she gives me water to drink and offers me snacks--our visits follow a format. We ended up speaking about death. She said she's ready to go at any time. She's 74. We spoke of our friends who are getting old (in their 90s) and one who has cancer, and what would happen when they die. We spoke about me and my mental health troubles, which actually made me uncomfortable, but maybe it was good. We talked about how all mental illness is on a spectrum, and how mine isn't too bad. I gave her issues 2-4 of functionally ill, which I'm a little nervous about. When we parted, we said "I love you" to each other and shared a nice hug.

This morning I got a sweet email from my friend J saying he was seriously enjoying the mix CD I sent him. I went to listen to some music, to hear again what I sent him, and my headphones had a lot of static. I reported the problem to Erik, and he tried to fix it. He tried different headphones and did other things, but he couldn't fix it. So I burned a CD to listen to on a boom box.

I've been writing the St Patrick's Day cards and spring card to send friends, and I like it. And I'm sending zines around to people I owe them to, like I always do, and that's good too.

Today I'm seeing my friend A at the Peet's we always go to. I've had this pain in my upper back for days now. It seems to get worse while I sleep then improves slightly throughout the day. Sometimes I take ibuprofen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home