dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, March 28, 2009

peppermint punch

Today I worked on a series of poems about jobs I've had. I like what I've come up with so far. I have a habit of rushing things because I like to be done, but I want to try taking this slow and maybe writing more.

Tonight I made chickpea cutlets from the Veganomicon, but instead of making them in cutlet form, I made them in nugget form. They turned out super great.

SAT scoring is almost over--tomorrow's supposedly the last day, but they haven't been updating us. Erik's planning on getting up at four in the morning tomorrow to get some hours in.

I asked Erik what I should call this blog post, and he suggested "deers and mice." Then he said "peppermint punch." I choose the latter.

2 Comments:

  • At April 01, 2009 12:12 AM, Anonymous Hethre said…

    Is this series of poems what you're going to submit to the Suisun Valley Review?

     
  • At April 01, 2009 10:30 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Well, I ended up making it one long poem divided up with Roman numerals. And it was part of my submission--I submitted by email this morning!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home