dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, May 25, 2009

lemon bars as they are

The vegan lemon bars aren't as good as "real" lemon bars. Well, they're different. I was feeling so nostalgic about the lemon bars of my past, I wanted them to taste exactly the same, which of course they didn't. The crust is the same, but the lemon part on these vegan ones is more like a lemon jello. The consistency is different. Also, I don't think I have a 9 x 13 pyrex, so I used a 10 x 14 or whatever it is. So they were flatter than when I had them in the past too.

Anyway, today is Medi-Cal forms day. They were actually due in 10 days, the letter says, and 10 days was May 23rd, so we're late. I plan to call tomorrow morning and ask if they meant 10 days from the date they were sent or 10 days from the date they were received, and if I can hand deliver them in Oakland instead of sending them in the mail. So Erik and I might be going on a daytrip tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home