dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, May 04, 2009

mango

At my parents' house--my mom's at work, and I have laundry going. Erik is riding the exercise bike and watching a Lord of the Rings movie. "My precious!" etc. He turned the sound down so it wouldn't bother me too much.

I just ate the best mango I'd ever tasted. We bought it a week ago at a Japanese store in Sacramento called Oto's. It was big and juicy and sweet, beautiful yellow and red colors on the outside and pure ornange within. I chewed on the seed.

This morning we went to Guadaulpe beach. We walked then sat on a diftwood stump, looked at pelicans, started out to sea. I worked on a letter to my friend M. Erik wrote haiku. It was foggy, and we had the beach to ourselves except for some fishermen we couldn't see. I wore a hat and then my jacket's hood over my head so my ears didn't get too much wind.

Last time we were at Guadaupe beach, the wind blowed the sand so hard that I couldn't leave the car. Today it was much more habitable. Tomorrow we plan to go to other beaches, and maybe Erik won't exercise so we'll have more time.

My mom has eight huge boxes of mushrooms, and we plan to saute them and freeze them in packets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home