dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

more beaches

Tuesday we went to Shell Beach, where we walked on the sand, watched surfers, looked at small crabs in tidepools, and sat in a sea cave. I felt happy.

Then today we stopped at Avila beach on our way north to Sacramento. We walked at the pier, and I sat for a long time, feeling my hair being blown around by the wind, looking at the water and at boats, just thinking my thoughts. Then we went to the Barn, where we saw some animals. The cow wasn't there, though. I wonder if she's hamburgers or what.

The drive home was grueling. We decided to take the 5, which was a big mistake. Even though it's faster, it seems much longer because it's so abysmally dull.

Home again, it's good to see that Kitty is fine (he doesn't even seem very mad at us).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home