dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, July 09, 2009

last night in Colorado

Today we went to a place called The Malt Shop for lunch. We had ice cream, and my younger niece got sick on the floor and outside on the sidewalk. I had to clean it up because my mom has a bad knee and a bad ankle and can't get down on the floor. I almost got sick myself.

In the evening we went to my brother's house for dinner. I ate a frozen vegetarian meal they happened to have leftover from when other family was in town. It was pasta with veggies and pesto sauce. It was okay. We sat together outside and looked at the view. Then everyone went inside but me, and I wrote in my journal about everything that was happening: the dog Lola snapping at me, things people said, remembering my chat with G earlier in the day.

Tonight there's a wind blowing through the house, making the curtians fly. It's our last night in Colorado. Next stop is Elk City, Oklahoma--I keep wanting to say Oklahomo, which is probably what their rivals call it, whoever their rivals are--maybe Texas?

Erik has a successful hiking /camping trip to a Lake Tahoe. I've been able to speak to him on the phone a few times. They had a campfire and everything, saw a bear.

We're trying to put this house back together after staying here for a week. I never really unpacked, but I have a load of darks in the washer.

2 Comments:

  • At July 11, 2009 8:13 PM, Blogger Ephemeral Mailbox Museum said…

    sounds like it's kind of good your trip is almost done, even though it went pretty well. Cleaning up vomit is always a terrible, terrible thing to do.
    Wanted to tell you that the maintenance guy at my apartment complex has a heavy metal band called the Oklahomos. They're not even gay, just like to get people riled up, especially because their audiences are generally a bunch of straight metalheads.
    About done with draft of cover to send you! I'm happy with it as a design, not sure if it's right or workable specifically for what you need or want though so we'll see.

     
  • At July 19, 2009 9:15 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hi there--it's great to hear from you--I love that there's a band called the Oklahomos. I appreciate your sympathy about cleaning up the vomit. <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home