dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

compromise

This morning we went to my mental health place for the final time. (I lost services.) I went to do a drop in to get refills because I was out. I waited about an hour. Most of the waiting was outside before they opened, and I had to breathe a lot of cigarette smoke. Once I was in, I was in a group of 10 people seeing the drop in doctor. He definitely has the right job--he's even-keeled and seems very trustworthy and kind and smart. So I got a prescription for five refills.

Then we went for a walk at McKinley park. It was good to be outdoors and get some exercise.

Then we went to the thrift store and paid ten bucks for a large duffel bag. It was definitely not a good deal--I think it should have been about five dollars--but it was way less than buying new, and I didn't want to go to five different thrift stores looking for something that might or might not have been there.

Then we went to the library. I got the new Antony & the Johnsons CD, which I had requested months before.

Then we went to Kaveri for lunch. It was our first time there in quite a while--maybe a year. We ate some delicious Indian food from the buffet. We love the flavorful sauces.

Today I'm packing. Erik did some laundry for me. I feel pretty ready. I could use some snacks and foods to bring with me.

Oh, I shaved my legs. It was the first time since I was 17 years old that I shaved my legs. It's a compromise so I can wear shorts during the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home