dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

the trip begins

This morning I finished packing, and we began our drive to Santa Maria. We stopped in San Jose for lunch. We had delicious Indian food there.

Then we stopped at Avila. We went to the pier and saw the sea lions. We went to Avila barn and visited the animals. I got bit by a duck and then a goat. (Didn't break the skin, but did feel bruised.)

Then we arrived at my parents' house. We had sandwiches and nectarines for dinner. I tried on a dress for the wedding that my mom had bought for herself but decided against. It fit, and I'm planning to wear it. My mom told me about the wedding. There's a whole-day itinerary. We watched Jeopardy.

I forgot to say that my friend CN in Minnesota made me a beautiful necklace and sent it to me in the mail. I will post a picture of myself wearing it as soon as I'm able. It's brown and knotted with square wooden beads.

We're leaving tomorrow morning at 8. I'll have to say goodbye to Erik. We'll arrive in Flagstaff in the evening and stay a night there at a hotel. Then it's off to Colorado.

2 Comments:

  • At July 02, 2009 10:00 AM, Blogger HardtravelingHero said…

    When in Flagstaff you'll want to stay in a motel near 1-17 (near Wal-Mart) if you don't want trains' blaring horns to wake you every 22 minutes.

    Let me know if you need restaurant recommendations. I'm trying to think if there are any veggie / vegan places... I'm sure there are. It is a hippie-esque college town.

    Too bad this all didn't go down the day I was there.

    Received FI #5 yesterday and can't wait to read it!

     
  • At July 19, 2009 9:14 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hi there--thanks for the tip--yes, we heard the trains!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home