dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

arrival

Erik's new mechanical pencils came in the mail today. He likes them very much.

I asked him to show me all of his pencils, and we enjoyed looking at them, talking about which he likes best, comparing grips, how the nibs retract, etc.

Then he wanted to see my pens, and I showed him all the main characters. I told him about marker tipped ones and roller ball ones and gel ink and the one I accidentally bought metallic and haven't written with. I showed him all my ultra fine tipped Sharpies too, and explained how some pens I use to write letters with but would never use to address envelopes with. I use the ultra fine tipped Sharpies to write postcards too. Anyway, these are very personal things to share, and it was fun.

Today I made no-bake chocolate haystacks that turned out lovely. Some of them I added slivered almonds, and those are great. I also made roasted cauliflower, and it's delicious too, but next time I'll add garlic. (There are almost always cauliflowers or broccoflowers at the dollar store, so pretty cheap too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home