dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, August 08, 2009

yoga, bookbinding workshop

This morning I had yoga. It was with my same Dharma yoga teacher Beth, but it was at a different place, a martial arts place, the place Erik and I did some cleaning a couple months ago. This was yoga but also chi gong and some meditation. I liked it a lot. There were only three students. One of the walls is mirrored, so I got to see myself doing yoga, which was a new experience for me. I think I like my imagined body more than I like my reflected body. But maybe my reflected body is something I could get used to and enjoy more in the future.

This afternoon I had bookbinding workshop at the Central library. It was great. I made a piano hinge book. I don't know what to do with it, though. It's got green covers and tan paper inside. I didn't put the beads on it, so it's simple. Being in a classroom environment was hard for me. Luckily I got a good seat, pretty near the teacher. She was nice. She was really prepared and generous. I hope they paid her super well.

Unfortunately, I don't think I learned anything from this bookbinding workshop that I can carry into my zine binding. In November the same teacher is doing a workshop on making a journal--I hope to sign up for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home