dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

home safe

It was an excellent weekend of apple tasting, goat viewing, food eating (mostly Mexican food), and quality time spent with family and friends. I got some really wonderful presents: a MP3 player, homemade photo notecards, an Alice Notley book, old fashioned candy, mini-notecards with sunflowers on them, a homemade hat and scarf, stationery from Germany, stickers, washcloths from Finland, a necklace made with paper beads, a beautiful brown notebook, Costco food, apples. My family and best friend E and penpal M in Finland spoiled me. Oh, and I got a check from Nana. Need to daydream about what to spend that on. Thanks to all of you.

I was so exhausted from the long drive home (got caught in road work on the 46) that I went to bed at 8:30 last night and got up at 6:30. Kitty kept us up a lot in the night, which is the new norm.

This morning I've been wrestling with the MP3 player. It thinks it's full when there are only about 100 songs on it--the package says it's supposed to store 1000 songs. I lack the skills to figure out how to fix it. Maybe Erik can fix it for me.

I got so much mail while I was gone--I should have counted how many pieces of mail. More than 12. Letters, birthday cards, zines, a mix CD. I haven't opened it all. I got $40 in the mail from a person who runs a distro in England wanting to carry functionally ill--they sent the $40 to cover my copies and postage. I was shocked. (Originally they'd emailed asking to carry functionally ill, and I said no because I can't afford the shipping--so they've overcome my reasons. Still a little worried about how to fill out the customs form.)

This morning we went for a walk early. It's supposed to hit 99 today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home