dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, November 08, 2009

eating toothpaste

Yesterday I helped my friend H prepare to move. I shredded documents for her, and I got to know the shedding machine very well, its quirks, when it needed time to cool down. I loved it. It was great to be around people but not have to talk much. I'm planning to go back this afternoon.

I have been doing a lot of little things, like writing letters and messing around on the computer and making food. I'm perfecting my baingan bartha recipe. Yesterday when I made it, I forgot to put in the poblano. Still it was profoundly delicious and one of the richest things I've ever made. I need to buy some naan or pita bread to eat with it because tortillas are not ideal.

The other day I went on a spree of downloading free music from Amazon. The best thing probably was a song called "Eating Toothpaste" by Bratmobile. I learned about Bratmobile from watching Don't Need You, the riot grrl movie. The CD is called Be On the Lookout! and I'll try pasting the link below.

http://www.amazon.com/Be-On-The-Lookout/dp/B00274DZMM/ref=sr_1_61?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1257705600&sr=1-61

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home