dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, November 06, 2009

day trippers, yeah

Yesterday we had our morning, packed a lunch, and went west. First we went to Muir Beach where we bundled up, watched waves, and wrote. I wrote a letter to my friend S in Santa Maria. Then we went for a little hike at Steep Ravine, one of our favorite trails in the world. I got father than I'd ever got. We were dazzled by all the green, smelled California Bay Laurel trees, saw a leaf suspended by a spider web that seemed to float in the air as if by magic. Then it was raining and I felt scared because the stone steps get slippery when they're wet. But we were fine. Then we went to Stinson Beach where we got bundled up again and watched the sunset. A surfer smiled at us.

Then we went to Berkeley. We had dinner at our favorite Indian-Pakistani place, and the food was perfect. In the past, the rice has been not go great, but last night it was wonderful. Then we went to Erik's loved tea shop and sat on the floor on tatami mats upstairs. Erik had Dragon Well. I had ginger-lemon-rosehips. I wrote a letter to my friend M in Brooklyn that I wasn't able to finish because the place closed at 9. But it was time to go home anyway. I slept in the car while Erik drove.

It was just the day I needed, full of stimulation and life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home