dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, December 03, 2009

quinoa salad experiment

I have all this wonderful organic quinoa my mom got me from Costco. Usually I make it with veggie broth and eat it with mashed avocado and salt (or shoyu for Erik). Sometimes I saute some tomatoes and garlic and put those on top for Erik with some green onion. And that's been the extent of my quinoa repertoire. So yesterday I was researching quinoa salad recipes. Basically, put whatever you want veggie-wise in there with some dressing of olive oil and lemon juice, or olive oil and vinegar. Salt and pepper.

So this morning, thinking of dinner already, and with a bunch of leftover quinoa from last night's dinner, I cooked up some asparagus in little pieces and squeezed the juice out of the two sad lemons I'd had on the kitchen table for a long time and put in some olive oil and salt and pepper. I tried just the quinoa part, and it tasted mighty lemony yet boring. I don't think Erik's going to like it. So I'm trying to think of something else to put in. A tiny bit of raw garlic maybe? Or a tiny bit of raw onion cut up very fine? Maybe I should research some more. I don't have any broccoli or raw bell pepper. Maybe I could put in some jarred roasted bell pepper? Maybe that'd be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home