dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 07, 2010

eeee!

Today was the best mail day in the history of mankind! I got awesome letters from my ButterSword friends, and they agreed to collaborate on a vegan cookzine! Heck yeah! They also sent a fabulous bottlecap magnet that I put on the fridge.

I got a letter from my favorite person in London, my patron, the excellent Eddie of Zine Monger. I admire him from afar!

I got a mini-DVD of Lapland from my loved penpal M of Finland. The envelope came adorned with Moominstickers! That was so thoughtful of you, M! I haven't tried to watch it yet. Hope it works.

And I got a packet of zines in trade from Jamez, two of his and some extras. Haven't read them yet.

Shortly after receiving this world-class mail, reading the letters multiple times, and Erik telling me about his hiking adventures, I developed a nasty headache. I stubbornly felt the pain for a while then took some generic ibuprofen. And my headache went away easily. I am so lucky.

Erik's hiking pictures turned out amazing, so I will hopefully post some tomorrow.

edit to add: This morning I found more in the envelope from the ButterSwords! There's a cat magnet and some flower stickers! Oh, and some art--a laminated page from a book. There's a woman in the water and a monkey man on the shore and a gnarled tree above and stars in the sky.

Also this morning I remembered one more mail from yesterday--a postcard from the girl in Canada who sends me postcards all this time! This one has a picture of her Christmas tree on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home