dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, April 15, 2010

pretty incredible mail day

Today for the first time someone sent me food in the mail in trade for zines--it's amazingly tasty homemade granola and homemade blueberry jam! I'm on my second bowl of the granola--it's dense and delicious, fruity. I don't really have appropriate bread with which to try the jam, but I will get some appropriate bread soon.

I sent her the complete set of functionally ill as well as ELM 46.

I also received two zines from Sarah May in Reno--loose lips sink ships about everyone she's kissed and SEX which I can't wait to read.

I'm making vegan black bean sweet potato chili and have been all afternoon--the beans are completely falling apart. Chili will make Erik happy when he comes home from scoring CBEST. I accidentally burned my finger while stirring the simmering chili, but it's feeling better already.

Tonight--writing and fun with my dear H. I made her a new CD: Ghost Mice, This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb, Innocence Mission, Neutral Milk Hotel, Joanna Newsom, Mountain Goats, Of Montreal, and Go Sailor figure prominently. I'm listening to it for the third time today.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home