dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, April 24, 2010

vegan banana walnut cookies

I decided to try a new cookie recipe today. It's a recipe for vegan banana pecan cookies, but I used walnuts. I googled around for it and couldn't find a link--I probably got it from a livejournal community.

banana pecan cookies

1 overripe banana, mashed up with a fork
1/3 cup canola oil
2/3 cup brown sugar

2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
1/3 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350F.

Mash banana, add the oil, and the brown sugar--mix well. Add the rest, then fold in the nuts.

Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.

***

Maybe you'll read this recipe and think, "Well, these sound boring." Well, they are not boring! The brown sugar does the trick.

"How many of these can I eat?" Erik asked. They're a hit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home