dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Verve of Verge

The play last night was fantastic. It was moving and amazing to be witness to the culmination of so much of my best friend Ellen Redbird's work. And the script is excllent, and the actors handled it so well. I was incredibly impressed.

I'm working on a review, and it's difficult because I've reviewed plenty of books and zines but never a play. I haven't even read any play reviews, so it's challenging me. I want to write it out and then read some play reviews and maybe edit it to be more like those. My goal is to write honestly about my viewing exprience and produce some words that Ellen Redbird can use when she needs something quote.

This morning we had blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Yesterday we bought a half flat of fresh strawberries from a strawberry stand. Also yesterday we were invited by the neighbors to come over to their backyard and pick oranges from their tree. There are just too many oranges for them, and they had pruned it. We picked a laundry basket full.

So last night I gave some oranges to S, my old friend who drove us to Goleta for the play. We got to spend time with his girlfriend J, and she seems like a really special person. On the way home we heard them discussing very technical machinery, and I remarked, "You're the same kind of geek, aren't you?" I think they're a great match.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home