dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

last day off for a while

Today is our day off before SAT starts tomorrow. At the post office I sent about 50 copies of Erik and LM Magazine 47. At the bank I got $40 in quarters for laundry.

Then we went to Auburn and hiked my favorite trail which has manzanita trees. We saw wildflowers too. And mountain bikers that called out to us then whizzed by. There was a dead mouse on the trail, flat, and I wondered if it was killed by a mountain bike. We saw beautiful black butterflies, lizards, low-flying turkey vultures. Oh, and lots of small caterpillars. After our hike we sat at a picnic table, and then Erik found a tick on his hand, so we did a tick check and left.

I've been reading Not Buying It which is about a couple's year of not buying anything besides necessities. I like it though sometimes I get bogged down in stats when I'm most interested in the everyday experience of it. I'm really interested in getting around consumer culture.

Then we went to late lunch at our favorite Thai place. Then we went to a used bookstore we like.

Now Erik's washing dishes, and I think I'll clean up then read in bed until it's time to go on a bread and water run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home