dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, May 23, 2010

otter, blueberries

Yesterday we went to Montana de Oro and walked by cliffs and saw beautiful ocean views. Then we got down to the beach and tidepools. Erik and I saw a dark purple starfish, hermit crabs, sea snails. On the trails I saw a dudleya and some loco weed, two of my favorite plants. And sweet little wild purple sweet peas. It was fun to do something different with my parents.

Then we went to lunch at a restaurant my parents like a lot. I had a garden burger. Erik had one too. We all shared nachos that were good. Someone at the next table was speaking loudly, and we heard all about her. For example, she would like to be reincarnated an an otter, but a freshwater otter. And she likes every fruit except for blueberries.

Then we went to World Market and my parents bought British food for themselves and to send my grandma who's British and lives in the US far from import stores.

At night we saw episode after episode of Jeopardy--my parents record them to watch with us when we come visit. It's the tournament of champions. Erik knows lots of answers, and my parents say he should go on the show. We like picking our favorite contenstants and rooting for them, and picking our disliked contestants and rooting against them. Probably everyone does this.

Today Erik's taking me to see my best friend E halfway between my town and hers. I made sandwiches to bring. This morning we skyped with some relatives, and it was nice. They're making tamales today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home