dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, May 28, 2010

Street Map

Yesterday we went to Ancil Hoffman which is a huge park on the riverside. But we learned it was the last free day--from now on you have to self-register if no one's in the little booth. So we were sad, but enjoyed sitting on a bench looking at the river for a long time. I read and Erik wrote.

Ancil Hoffman is famous for its many deer and wild turkeys, but we didn't see either yesterday, which was okay.

Then we went to the thrift store Thrift Town to look for a tea table for Erik. Did I tell you about Wednesday when we looked for tea tables at three different Goodwills? Yes, I did.

Then we went to one of my favorite libraries and looked for something to read together.

Yesterday we had one hour apartment cleaning. I cut an old holey, threadbare sheet into rags.

In the evening I got a call from my friend who's in the hospital in New York. She used a calling card. She's supposed to get out Tuesday. I was heating up a leftover pasta and broccoli dish for dinner and stopped when I heard her voice speaking on the answering machine.

This morning I ordered the new (from last year) EP called Street Map by Innocence Mission. Right now I'm listening to Old Lumps on myspace--I love them and wish there was an album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home