dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

air conditioner broken

Yesterday the air conditioner stopped working. It was fine in the morning. Then in the afternoon it quit. I turned it off, cleaned the dust off the filter, and let it sit for about 15 minutes, hoping it would work again when I turned it back on, but no luck.

So it got hotter and hotter in the apartment. It maxed out at 93 degrees in the evening when it was 93 degrees outside. (Our clock has a thermometer.) I called the apartment management company, but of course there was no answer, and they don't have an emergency number, so I just have to hope someone will be calling me back today.

The air conditioner is from not last summer but the summer before, so it's not time for it to die yet. Maybe it can just be fixed.

Meanwhile, we went to target and bought a $13 fan. I'm not looking forward to today. The high today is supposed to be around 93, so it shouldn't be worse than yesterday.

2 Comments:

  • At January 23, 2013 4:36 AM, Anonymous Darryl Iorio said…

    It was good that you tried to troubleshoot the problem. May I ask what caused the problem in the end? Your unit dying in less than two years is not normal, so there’s a good chance of fixing the problem. If it’s not the filter, then I think the problem lies in either the wiring or the Freon. Nonetheless, I hope you didn’t have too much trouble in fixing the issue.

     
  • At January 23, 2013 7:11 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    I don't remember now what the problem was. Feels like a long time ago. I've since moved and feel disconnected from my old apartment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home