dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, June 03, 2010

best lentil salad ever

I got fresh parsley, lemons, tomatoes, and green onions and made this lentil salad today. I think it's the best salad I've ever eaten.

lentil salad
salatat 'adas
Syria and Lebanon

1 cup brown lentils, cleaned and washed
6 cups water
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 bunch scallions, finely chopped
3 large tomatoes, diced
1/2 a 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
at least 1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste

Cook lentils in water until tender but still intact and slightly firm (about 25 minutes). Drain. Mix with remaining ingredients before serving.

***

The original recipe calls for a finely chopped red bell pepper also, but I don't like raw bell pepper, so I omitted it. Also, the original recipe says to cool the lentils, but we were in a hurry, so I didn't. This makes 6 to 8 servings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home