dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, July 24, 2010

mujadara

This morning we went to our favorite park where I walked then wrote a good letter. When we came home, we made red lentil dal. It turned out as delicious as ever. I put even more cayenne pepper in than last time, and it's brilliant that way.

Right now Erik's making mujadara for the second time--first time, a month ago, he burned it. This time he will keep the heat lower. It calls for an awful lot of olive oil.

We're listening to Pictures at an Exhibition, one of my favorite piano pieces when played by Sviatislav Richter.

Today I read Embroideries by the woman who did Persepolis. I don't know how I feel about it, but it went quickly. This afternoon I started Fraud by David Rakoff after enjoying his Don't Get Too Comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home