dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Second Saturday

Today at the downtown library we ran into a friend. He's had a religious experience and seems changed. At first we were worried about him. But then I called him and we met him at the park and talked for a while, and we're less worried now. He's lost a lot of weight, but he says he's sleeping okay.

Then this evening we went to Second Saturday art walk, my first time. It's like a street fair, sort of, and all the galleries are open and people pour in. We saw some fantastic art--my favorite was a beach scene with tiny people. We ran into friends there too, two friends from my church. Erik's proud of me for braving the crowds. It's a Sacramento institution.

One of my favorite bands has a new album coming out on the 13th. It's called My Room in the Trees by Innocence Mission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home